Product Pathways - Apoptosis
BAP31 Antibody #4043
|W IP||H M R Mk (B) (Dg)||Endogenous||28||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BAP31 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total BAP31 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding Arg71 of BAP31. Antibodies were purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
BAP31 (B-cell receptor-association protein 31) is a transmembrane protein associated with the endplasmic reticulum (ER) and ER-Golgi intermediates and has been implicated in protein trafficking and apoptosis (1,2). During apoptosis Bap31 is cleaved by caspase-8 at two carboxy-terminal sites which can then direct apoptotic signals between the ER and mitochondria (2-4). Association of BAP31 with the anti-apoptotic proteins Bcl-2 or Bcl-xL could function to regulate this ER-mitochondrial pathway (2,5). Several studies have shown that BAP31 can control the trafficking of select proteins between the ER and Golgi apparatus and can affect the transport of proteins to the cell surface (6-10).
- Adachi, T. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 1534-41.
- Ng, F.W. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 139, 327-38.
- Breckenridge, D.G. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 160, 1115-27.
- Chandra, D. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 6592-607.
- Ng, F.W. and Shore, G.C. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 3140-3.
- Annaert, W.G. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 139, 1397-410.
- Lambert, G. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 20340-5.
- Schamel, W.W. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100, 9861-6.
- Paquet, M.E. et al. (2004) J Immunol 172, 7548-55.
- Szczesna-Skorupa, E. and Kemper, B. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 4142-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2870 Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb
- 2764 Bcl-xL (54H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9496 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.