Product Pathways - Protein Stability
HEF1/NEDD9 (2G9) Mouse mAb #4044
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||105, 115||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HEF1/NEDD9 (2G9) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total HEF1/NEDD9 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein fragment corresponding to residues from the human HEF1/NEDD9 protein.
Human enhancer of filamentation protein 1 (HEF1), also known as neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated protein 9 (NEDD9), is part of the Cas family of proteins, which include HEF1/NEDD9, p130Cas and Efs (1). HEF1 is a predominantly cytoplasmic protein, localizing to focal adhesions during interphase, and centrosomes and other parts of the mitotic apparatus during G2/M phase of the cell cycle (2). HEF1 is a docking protein that plays a central coordinating role for tyrosine kinase-based signaling related to cell adhesion, motility, growth and apoptosis (1). Phosphorylation of HEF1 is induced by a number of factors, including FAK, TGF-β, PDGFR, Abl, and BCR-ABL, which leads to coordinate binding of multiple downstream effector proteins via 15 known SH2 domain-binding sites (1). HEF1 is a key regulator of cancer metastasis. It is required for the invasive activity of glioblastomas (3), is linked to the promotion of metastasis in melanoma (4), and is found to be up-regulated in lung cancer metastasis (5).
- O'Neill, G.M. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 8975-9.
- Law, S.F. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 3540-51.
- Natarajan, M. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 1721-32.
- Kim, M. et al. (2006) Cell 125, 1269-81.
- Ji, H. et al. (2007) Nature 448, 807-10.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3285 FAK Antibody
- 2109 Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2108 Src Antibody
- 2862 c-Abl Antibody
- 3908 Bcr-Abl (b2a2 Junction Specific) (L99H4) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.