Product Pathways - Adhesion
Pan-Cadherin Antibody #4068
|4068S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4068P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4068||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster, Zebrafish, Bovine||Endogenous||130 to 150||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pan-Cadherin Antibody detects endogenous levels of E-, P-, N-, R-, VE-, and K-Cadherins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with two synthetic peptides corresponding to two conserved regions of human N-Cadherin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431, MCF-7, C2C12, HUVEC, BAEC, NIH/3T3, C6, H-4-II-E, Cos and PC3 cells, using Pan-Cadherin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using Pan-cadherin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human bronchioalveolar cell carcinoma using Pan-cadherin Antibody, showing membrane localization.
Cadherins are a superfamily of transmembrane glycoproteins that contain cadherin repeats of approximately 100 residues in their extracellular domain. Cadherins mediate calcium-dependent cell-cell adhesion and play critical roles in normal tissue development (1). The classic cadherin subfamily includes N-, P-, R-, B-, and E-cadherins, as well as about ten other members that are found in adherens junctions, a cellular structure near the apical surface of polarized epithelial cells. The cytoplasmic domain of classical cadherins interacts with β-catenin, γ-catenin (also called plakoglobin), and p120 catenin. β-catenin and γ-catenin associate with α-catenin, which links the cadherin-catenin complex to the actin cytoskeleton (1,2). While β- and γ-catenin play structural roles in the junctional complex, p120 regulates cadherin adhesive activity and trafficking (1-4). Investigators consider E-cadherin an active suppressor of invasion and growth of many epithelial cancers (1-3). Research studies indicate that cancer cells have up-regulated N-cadherin in addition to loss of E-cadherin. This change in cadherin expression is called the "cadherin switch". N-cadherin cooperates with the FGF receptor, leading to overexpression of MMP-9 and cellular invasion (3). Research studies have shown that in endothelial cells, VE-cadherin signaling, expression, and localization correlate with vascular permeability and tumor angiogenesis (5,6). Investigators have also demonstrated that expression of P-cadherin, which is normally present in epithelial cells, is also altered in ovarian and other human cancers (7,8).
- Wheelock, M.J. and Johnson, K.R. (2003) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19, 207-35.
- Christofori, G. (2003) EMBO J 22, 2318-23.
- Hazan, R.B. et al. (2004) Ann N Y Acad Sci 1014, 155-63.
- Bryant, D.M. and Stow, J.L. (2004) Trends Cell Biol 14, 427-34.
- Rabascio, C. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 4373-7.
- Yamaoka-Tojo, M. et al. (2006) Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26, 1991-7.
- Patel, I.S. et al. (2003) Int J Cancer 106, 172-7.
- Sanders, D.S. et al. (2000) J Pathol 190, 526-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4065 E-Cadherin Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4073 Pan-Cadherin (28E12) Rabbit mAb
- 3195 E-Cadherin (24E10) Rabbit mAb
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.