Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
GEF-H1 (55B6) Rabbit mAb #4076
|W IP||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||120||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GEF-H1 (55B6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GEF-H1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GEF-H1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types, using GEF-H1 (55B6) Rabbit mAb.
Rho family small GTPases regulate processes such as cell migration, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation. They are activated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), which catalyze the exchange of GDP for GTP. GEF-H1 is a Rho GEF that localizes to microtubules and regulates Rho activity in response to microtubule destabilization (1). Loss of interaction between GEF-H1 and microtubules leads to activation of Rho (2). PAK1 phosphorylates GEF-H1 at Ser885, a site located in the 14-3-3 binding motif. Phosphorylation at this site is required for 14-3-3 binding and correlated to recruitment of 14-3-3 and GEF-H1 to microtubules (3).GEF-H1 has also been shown to localize to tight junctions and modulate polarized cell permeability (4,5). GEF-H1 is inactivated by binding to cingulin at epithelial tight junctions, inactivating RhoA and leading to G1/S arrest (5).
- Ren, Y. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 34954-34960.
- Krendel, M. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 294-301.
- Zenke, F. T. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 18392-18400.
- Benais-Pont, G. et al. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 160, 729-740.
- Aijaz, S. et al. (2005) Dev. Cell 8, 777-786.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4145 GEF-H1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.