Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #4088
|IP||H M R Mk Dg (B) (Pg)||Endogenous||40||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of IκBα only when phosphorylated at Ser32/36.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser32/36 of human IκBα.
Immunoprecipitation of NIH/3T3 cell lysates, untreated or TNF-α-treated, using Mouse IgG (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #3420 (Lanes 1 and 2) and Immobilized Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb (Bead Conjugate) (Lanes 3 and 4). The blot was probed using Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb #9246.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated sepharose beads. Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is useful for the immunoprecipitation of phosphorylated IκBα.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 4814 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 8902 Human Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (hTNF-α)
- 4078 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen) (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 3420 Mouse IgG (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 8219 PhosphoPlus® IκBα (Ser32/Ser36) Antibody Duet
- 8214 PhosphoPlus® NF-κB p65/RelA (Ser536) Antibody Duet
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.