Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #4089
|IP||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total Jak2 protein. No cross-reactivity was observed with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunzing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro841 of Jak2.
Immunoprecipitation of extracts from K562 cells, using Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) (lane 2). XP® Rabbit IgG (DA1E) mAb Isotype Control (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #3423 was used as a negative control (lane 1). The western blot was probed using Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230 and detected with Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb #3678 followed by Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated sepharose beads. Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is useful for the immunoprecipitation of Jak2 proteins.
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3230 Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3776 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) (C80C3) Rabbit mAb
- 3774 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr221) Antibody
- 3331 Phospho-Jak1 (Tyr1022/1023) Antibody
- 3332 Jak1 Antibody
- 3775 Jak3 Antibody
- 9321 Phospho-Tyk2 (Tyr1054/1055) Antibody
- 9312 Tyk2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
Jak antibodies produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,658,791) from Chemicon International, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.