Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Ku70 (D35) Antibody #4103
|4103S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4103||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ku70 (D35) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ku70 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of the human Ku70 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ku is a heterodimeric protein composed of two subunits (Ku70 and Ku80) originally identified by researchers as autoantigens associated with several autoimmune diseases including scleroderma, polymyositis, and systemic lupus erythematosus (1). Ku is an abundant, ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein that binds to and stabilizes the ends of DNA at telomeres or double-stranded DNA breaks (2-5). The Ku70/Ku80 heterodimer has ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity and functions as the DNA-binding regulatory component of DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK) (6-8). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is required for nonhomologous end-joining (NHEJ), one mechanism involved in double-stranded DNA break repair and V(D)J recombination (8). DNA-PK has been shown to phosphorylate many proteins, including p53, serum response factor, c-Jun, c-Fos, c-Myc, Oct-1, Sp-1, and RNA polymerase II (1,8). The combined activities of Ku70/Ku80 and DNA-PK implicate Ku in many cellular functions, including cell cycle regulation, DNA replication and repair, telomere maintenance, recombination, and transcriptional activation.
- Tuteja, R. and Tuteja, N. (2000) Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 35, 1-33.
- Blier, P.R. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 7594-7601.
- Jin, S. and Weaver, D.T. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 6874-6885.
- Boulton, S.J. and Jackson, S.P. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 1819-1828.
- Gravel, S. et al. (1998) Science 280, 741-744.
- Cao, Q.P. et al. (1994) Biochemistry 33, 8548-8557.
- Lees-Miller, S.P. et al. (1990) Mol. Cell Biol. 10, 6472-6481.
- Collis, S.J. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 949-961.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2180 Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb
- 4602 DNA-PK Antibody
- 9282 p53 Antibody
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2662 Chk2 Antibody
- 9010 BRCA1 Antibody
- 9012 BRCA2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.