Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
ROR2 Antibody #4105
|W IP||M (H)||Transfected Only||135||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ROR2 Antibody detects transfected levels of ROR2 proteins. It does not cross-react with ROR1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino-terminal sequence of human ROR2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide-affinity chromatography.
ROR1 and ROR2 are orphan receptor tyrosine kinases that are most closely related to MuSK and the Trk family of neurotrophin receptors. They are characterized by the presence of extracellular frizzled-like cysteine-rich domains and membrane-proximal kringle domains, both of which are assumed to mediate protein-protein interactions (1-3). The ROR family RTKs are evolutionarily conserved among Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila, mice, and humans (1,4). Although the functions of ROR kinases are unknown, similarities between ROR and MuSK and Trk kinases have led to speculation that ROR kinases regulate synaptic development. CAM-1, a C. elegans ortholog of the ROR family RTKs, plays several important roles in regulating cellular migration, polarity of asymmetric cell divisions, and axonal outgrowth of neurons during nematode development (4). mROR1 and mROR2 may play differential roles during the development of the nervous system (5).
- Al-Shawi , R. et al. (2001) Dev .Genes Evol. 211, 161-171.
- Nomi, M. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 8329-8235.
- Roszmusz, E. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 18485-18490.
- Forrester, . et al. (1999) Nature 400, 881-885.
- Oishi, I. (1999) Genes Cells 4, 41-56.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4102 ROR1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Anti-FLAG® is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.