Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK8 (P455) Antibody #4106
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||53||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK8 (P455) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CDK8 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro455 of human CDK8. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The mammalian Mediator Complex is a multi-subunit protein complex that couples specific transcriptional regulators to RNA polymerase II (Pol II) and the basal transcription machinery. Interactions between distinct Mediator subunits and transcription factors allow for specific gene regulation (reviewed in 1).Mediator complex interactions control various biological processes including insulin signaling (2), NF-κB-dependent signaling (3), stem cell pluripotency and self renewal (4,5), and proliferation of colon cancer cells (6,7).CDK8/Cyclin C, along with Med12 and Med13, constitute a subcomplex within the Mediator Complex thought to act as a molecular switch, inhibiting Pol II recruitment and transcription initiation (8,9). Expression of CDK8 abrogates E2F-1-dependent inhibition of β-catenin activity in colon cancer cells (9). High levels of CDK8 coincide with high β-catenin-dependent transcription in colon cancer cells, and their proliferation can be inhibited by suppressing CDK8 expression (8).
- Malik, S. and Roeder, R.G. (2005) Trends Biochem Sci 30, 256-63.
- Wang, W. et al. (2009) Dev Cell 16, 764-71.
- van Essen, D. et al. (2009) PLoS Biol 7, e73.
- Tutter, A.V. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 3709-18.
- Varelas, X. et al. (2008) Nat Cell Biol 10, 837-48.
- Firestein, R. et al. (2008) Nature 455, 547-51.
- Morris, E.J. et al. (2008) Nature 455, 552-6.
- Knuesel, M.T. et al. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 650-61.
- Knuesel, M.T. et al. (2009) Genes Dev 23, 439-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.