Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb #4113
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||79, 86||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat3 only when phosphorylated at Tyr705. This antibody does not cross-react with phospho-EGFR or the corresponding phospho-tyrosines of other Stat proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr705 of mouse Stat3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or treated with IFN-α (100 ng/ml) for 5 minutes, using Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb (left) or Stat3 Antibody #9132 (right).
Immunohistochemical anlysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis using Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb on SignalSlide® Phospho-Stat1/3/5 IHC Controls #8105 (paraffin-embedded HeLa cell pellets, untreated (left), treated with Human Interferon-α1 (hIFN-α1) #8927 (middle), or treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor (hEGF) #8916 (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or IFN-α treated (green), using Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (M9C6) Mouse mAb.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8105 SignalSlide® Phospho-Stat1/3/5 IHC Controls
- 1195 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Blocking Peptide
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9134 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) Antibody
- 9136 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 9133 Stat3 Control Cell Extracts
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.