Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Microcephalin-1/BRIT1 (D38G5) Rabbit mAb #4120
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Microcephalin-1/BRIT1 (D38G5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Microcephalin-1/BRIT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human Microcephalin-1/BRIT1.
Microcephalin-1 (MCPH1)/BRIT1 is an early DNA damage response protein named for its mutated state in the human disease primary microcephaly. BRIT1 forms damage-induced nuclear foci, is involved in DNA damage and cell cycle checkpoints as well as regulation of mitosis. BRIT1 function is necessary for DNA damage responses, and the absence of BRIT1 function leads to genome instability. A potential tumor suppressor, BRIT1 expression is reduced in human carcinomas (1-2, reviewed in 3).BRIT1 colocalizes with other DNA repair proteins (53BP1, MDC1, NBS1, ATM, RPA, and ATR) and is required for their activation (2). BRIT1 likely regulates DNA repair through chromatin remodeling in response to DNA damage, allowing access of repair proteins to DNA (4).
- Lin, S.Y. et al. (2005) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102, 15105-9.
- Rai, R. et al. (2006) Cancer Cell 10, 145-57.
- Chaplet, M. et al. (2006) Cell Cycle 5, 2579-83.
- Peng, G. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 865-72.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9947 DNA Damage Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.