Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Cyclin E2 Antibody #4132
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclin E2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total cyclin E2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy-terminus of human cyclin E2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cyclin E1 and cyclin E2 can associate with and activate CDK2 (1). Upon DNA damage, upregulation/activation of the CDK inhibitors p21 Waf1/Cip1 and p27 Kip1 prevent cyclin E/CDK2 activation, resulting in G1/S arrest. When conditions are favorable for cell cycle progression, cyclin D/CDK4/6 phosphorylates Rb and is thought to reduce the activity of p21 Waf1/Cip1 and p27 Kip1, allowing subsequent activation of cyclin E/CDK2 (1,2). Cyclin E/CDK2 further phosphorylates Rb to allow progression into S-phase, where cyclin E/CDK2 is thought to phosphorylate and activate multiple proteins involved in DNA synthesis (2,3). Turnover of cyclin E is largely controlled by phosphorylation that results in SCFFbw7-mediated ubiquitination and proteasome-dependent degradation (4,5). Cyclin E1 is phosphorylated at multiple sites in vivo including Thr62, Ser88, Ser72, Thr380 and Ser384, and is controlled by at least two kinases, CDK2 and GSK-3 (6,7).
- Lauper, N. et al. (1998) Oncogene 17, 2637-2643.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 753-761.
- Ewen, M.E. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 2265-2270.
- Won, K.A. and Reed, S.I. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 4182-4193.
- Koepp, D.M. et al. (2001) Science 294, 173-177.
- Welcker, M. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 12, 381-392.
- Ye, X. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 50110-50119.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4136 Phospho-Cyclin E1 (Thr62) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.