Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
RIP2 (D10B11) Rabbit mAb #4142
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RIP2 (D10B11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RIP2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human RIP2 protein.
Receptor Interacting Protein 2 (RIP2) is a serine/threonine kinase with a carboxy-terminal caspase activation and recruitment domain (CARD). Association of RIP2 with the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) causes activation of NF-κB and induction of apoptosis (1-3). Expression of RIP2 is induced in macrophages upon exposure to bacterial cell wall components, such as LPS. RIP2-deficient mouse models demonstrate that this kinase integrates and transduces signals for both the innate and adaptive immune system (4,5).
- Inohara, N. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 12296-12300.
- McCarthy, J.V. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 16968-16975.
- Thome, M. et al. (1998) Curr. Biol. 8, 885-888.
- Chin, A.I. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 190-194.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 194-199.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4364 Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody
- 4926 RIP Antibody
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2685 IKKγ Antibody
- 4712 TRAF2 Antibody
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.