Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
STIM1 (G555) Antibody #4149
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||85||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
STIM1 (G555) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total STIM1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the region surrounding Gly555 of human STIM1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ca2+ is a key second messenger in many intracellular signaling pathways. Ca2+ signals control many cellular functions ranging from short-term responses such as contraction and secretion to longer-term regulation of cell growth and proliferation (1,2). Stromal interaction molecules (STIMs) function as Ca2+ sensors that detect changes in Ca2+ content in intracellular Ca2+ stores (3). STIM1 is conserved, ubiquitously expressed, and functions as an endoplasmic reticulum (ER) Ca2+ sensor that migrates from the ER Ca2+ store to the plasma membrane where it activates calcium-release-activated calcium (CRAC) channels when the ER Ca2+ store is low (4). STIM1 is a potential tumor suppressor; defects in STIM1 may cause rhabdomyosarcoma and rhabdoid tumors (5). STIM1 can either homodimerize or form heterodimers with STIM2. STIM2 possesses a high sequence identity to STIM1 and can function as an inhibitor of STIM1-mediated plasma membrane store-operated Ca2+ entry (6). However, further investigation is required to elucidate the true physiological function of STIM2.
- Berridge, M.J. et al. (2000) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 1, 11-21.
- Berridge, M.J. et al. (2003) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4, 517-29.
- Zheng, L. et al. (2008) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369, 240-6.
- Zhang, S.L. et al. (2005) Nature 437, 902-5.
- Manji, S.S. et al. (2000) Biochim Biophys Acta 1481, 147-55.
- Soboloff, J. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 1465-70.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4916 STIM1 Antibody
- 4917 STIM2 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.