Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
EPAC1 (5D3) Mouse mAb #4155
|W||H M R||Endogenous||100||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Epac1 (5D3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Epac1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant fragment of human Epac1.
EPAC1 and EPAC2 (exchange proteins activated by cyclic AMP) are guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) that catalyze the exchange of GDP for GTP, activating Rap1 and Rap2 small GTPases. Rap activation by EPAC is cAMP-dependent and mediates cAMP signaling in part through protein kinase A (PKA) (reviewed in 1). EPAC signaling plays a significant role in a number of cellular processes including migration and focal adhesion formation (2), exocytosis (3), insulin signaling (4), axon growth and guidance (5) and neurotransmitter release (6).
- Bos, J.L. (2006) Trends Biochem Sci 31, 680-6.
- Lyle, K.S. et al. (2008) Cell Signal 20, 1104-16.
- Branham, M.T. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 24825-39.
- Petersen, R.K. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 3804-16.
- Murray, A.J. and Shewan, D.A. (2008) Mol Cell Neurosci 38, 578-88.
- Ouyang, M. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 11993-7.
- Price, L.S. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 35127-32. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.