Product Pathways - Metabolism
MTAP Antibody #4158
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||29||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MTAP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MTAP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N terminus of human MTAP. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MTAP is an enzyme that is essential for the salvage pathway for both adenine and methionine synthesis. MTAP catalyzes the cleavage of 5’-methylthioadenosine into adenine and 5-methylthio-D-ribose-1-phosphate. Adenine is then used to generate AMP whereas 5-methylthio-D-ribose-1-phosphate is converted into methionine (1,2). MTAP is expressed in all normal cells and tissues, although frequently lost in different human tumors including pancreatic adenocarcinoma, neuroendocrine tumors, non-small cell lung carcinoma and breast carcinoma. MTAP is usually codeleted with p16 (cdkN2a/ARF) (3-5). MTAP overexpression in breast cancer cells inhibits their ability to form colonies in soft agar, thereby implicating its function as a tumor suppressor (6).
- Backlund, P.S. and Smith, R.A. (1981) J Biol Chem 256, 1533-5.
- Backlund, P.S. et al. (1982) J Biol Chem 257, 4196-202.
- Dreyling, M.H. et al. (1998) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 22, 72-8.
- Zhang, H. et al. (1996) Cancer Genet Cytogenet 86, 22-8.
- Illei, P.B. et al. (2003) Clin Cancer Res 9, 2108-13.
- Christopher, S.A. et al. (2002) Cancer Res 62, 6639-44.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.