Product Pathways - Translational Control
DHX29 Antibody #4159
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||155||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DHX29 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DHX29 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the C-terminus of human DHX29. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
DHX29 is an ATP-dependent RNA helicase that belongs to the DEAD-box helicase family (DEAH subfamily). DHX29 contains one central helicase and one helicase at the carboxy-terminal domain (1). Its function has not been fully established but DHX29 was recently shown to facilitate translation initiation on mRNAs with structured 5' untranslated regions (2). DHX29 binds 40S subunits and hydrolyzes ATP, GTP, UTP, and CTP. Hydrolysis of nucleotide triphosphates by DHX29 is strongly stimulated by 43S complexes and is required for DHX29 activity in promoting 48S complex formation (2).
- de la Cruz, J. et al. (1999) Trends Biochem Sci 24, 192-8.
- Pisareva, V.P. et al. (2008) Cell 135, 1237-50.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4648 DHX29 (G63) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.