Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
TFIIB (2F6A3H4) Mouse mAb #4169
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||32||Mouse IgG2b|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TFIIB (2F6A3H4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total TFIIB protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human TFIIB protein.
TFIIB (also known as GTF2B, TF2B and general transcription factor IIB) is a ubiquitously expressed transcription factor that plays a central role in the assembly of the transcription pre-initiation complex through direct recruitment of RNA polymerase II (1,2). TFIIB functions as a bridge between promoter-bound TFIID and RNA polymerase II. In addition to interacting with promoter-bound TFIID and TFIIA, TFIIB makes extensive contacts with the core promoter via two independent DNA-binding modules. TFIIB may also be a target of transcriptional activator proteins that act to stimulate pre-initiation complex assembly.
- Deng, W. and Roberts, S.G. (2007) Chromosoma 116, 417-29.
- Thomas, M.C. and Chiang, C.M. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 41, 105-78.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.