Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-MKK7 (Ser271/Thr275) Antibody #4171
|W||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MKK7 (Ser171/Thr275) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MKK7 phosphorylated at serine 271 and threonine 275. This antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated SEK1/MKK4 or other phosphorylated MAP kinase kinases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser271/Thr275 of human MKK7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MKK7 is a MAP kinase kinase that serves as a specific activator of the SAPK/JNK pathway (1,2). MKK7 is strongly activated by TNF-α, as well as other environmental stresses, whereas SEK1/MKK4, which activates both p38 and SAPK/JNK pathways, is not activated by TNF-α (2). Sequence alignment of the activation loop of the MAP kinase kinase family members indicates that Ser271 and Thr275 are potential phosphorylation sites that are crucial for the kinase acivity.
- Tournier, C. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 1569-1581.
- Moriguchi, T. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 7045-7053.
- Zapata, H.J. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 977-90. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4172 MKK7 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.