Product Pathways - Metabolism
Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody #4190
|W IP IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||265||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 protein. Immunofluorescence data indicate that the antibody is more reactive to rodent than human proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, mock transfected or transfected with either SignalSilence® ACC1 siRNA or SignalSilence® ACC2 siRNA, using Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody and β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HCC827 (left) and C2C12 cells (right) using Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) catalyzes the carboxylation of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA (1). It is the key enzyme in the biosynthesis and oxidation of fatty acids (1). In rodents, the 265 kDa ACC1 (ACCα) form is primarily expressed in lipogenic tissues, while 280 kDa ACC2 (ACCβ) is the main isoform in oxidative tissues (1,2). However, in humans, ACC2 is the predominant isoform in both lipogenic and oxidative tissues (1,2). Phosphorylation by AMPK at Ser79 or by PKA at Ser1200 inhibits the enzymatic activity of ACC (3). ACC is a potential target of anti-obesity drugs (4,5).
- Castle, J.C. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e4369.
- Kreuz, S. et al. (2009) Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25, 577-86.
- Ha, J. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 22162-8.
- Abu-Elheiga, L. et al. (2001) Science 291, 2613-6.
- Levert, K.L. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 16347-50.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3676 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (C83B10) Rabbit mAb
- 3662 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Antibody
- 3661 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) Antibody
- 4188 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 9957 AMPK and ACC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9944 AICAR
- 9996 Oligomycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.