Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) (D19H10) Rabbit mAb #4191
|4191S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4191P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4191||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||19, 20||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) (D19H10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of stathmin protein only when phosphorylated at Ser38.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser38 of human stathmin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells, untreated or treated with nocodazole alone (100 ng/mL 24 hours) or nocodazole followed by λ and calf intestinal phosphatases, using Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) (D19H10) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 and U-2 OS cells, untreated or synchronized in mitosis, using Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) (D19H10) Rabbit mAb. Mitotic synchrony was performed by using either a thymidine block followed by release into 100 ng/mL nocodazole for 24 hours or using 100 ng/mL Docetaxel #9886 for 24 hours.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma control (left) or λ phosphatase-treated (right) using Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) (D19H10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HT-29 cell pellets, untreated (left) or nocodazole-treated (right), using Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) (D19H10) Rabbit mAb.
Stathmin is a ubiquitously expressed microtubule destabilizing phosphoprotein that is upregulated in a number of cancers. The amino terminus of the protein contains multiple phosphorylation sites and is involved in the promotion of tubulin filament depolymerization. Phosphorylation at these sites inactivates the protein and stabilizes microtubules. Ser16 phosphorylation by CaM kinases II and IV (1,2) increases during G2/M-phase and is involved in mitotic spindle regulation (3,4). Ser38 is a target for cdc2 kinase (5) and TNF-induced cell death gives rise to reactive oxygen intermediates leading to hyperphosphorylation of stathmin (6). EGF receptor activation of Rac and cdc42 also increases phosphorylation of stathmin on Ser16 and Ser38 (7). Other closely related family members are neuronally expressed and include SCG10, SCLIP, RB3 and its splice variants RB3' and RB3''. Stathmin and SCG10 have been shown to play roles in neuronal-like development in PC-12 cells (8).
- Marklund, U. et al. (1994) Eur J Biochem 225, 53-60.
- le Gouvello, S. et al. (1998) J Immunol 161, 1113-22.
- Mistry, S.J. and Atweh, G.F. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 31209-15.
- Gavet, O. et al. (1998) J Cell Sci 111 ( Pt 22), 3333-46.
- Luo, X.N. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 10312-8.
- Vancompernolle, K. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 33876-82.
- Daub, H. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 1677-80.
- Di Paolo, G. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 133, 1383-90.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3426 Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) Antibody
- 3353 Phospho-Stathmin (Ser16) Antibody
- 3352 Stathmin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.