Product Pathways - Lineage Markers
Sox1 Antibody #4194
|W IF-F||M R (H)||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sox1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Sox1 protein. It does not cross-react with endogenous levels of other Sox proteins, including Sox2 and Sox3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of human Sox1. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts of fetal rat brain, mouse brain and E6-5 embryo, using Sox1 Antibody.
Sox (Sry-related box) genes encode a family of transcription factors that play a myriad of roles in developmental processes (1). Sox1 and Sox2 are the earliest markers that identify neuroectodermal tissue, and these markers, together with Sox9 collectively mark neuronal stem cells (NSC's) that are present in neurogenically active areas of the mature rodent brain (2). Sox1 has been found in the walls of the lateral ventricles and the dentate gyrus, as well as in inactive areas such as the cerebellum where it marks a population of cells in the Purkinje layer known as the Bergmann glia (2). Sox1 is thought to maintain the cell cycle and promote self renewal in NSCs, but also functions in other cell types to promote differentiation (3).
- Kiefer, J.C. (2007) Dev Dyn 236, 2356-66.
- Alcock, J. et al. (2009) Neurosci Lett 450, 114-6.
- Kan, L. et al. (2007) Dev Biol 310, 85-98.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3728 Sox2 (C70B1) Rabbit mAb (IHC Preferred)
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.