Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Sox2 (L73B4) Mouse mAb #4195
|4195S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4195||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||35||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Bovine, Dog, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sox2 (L73B4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Sox2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Gly179 of human Sox2.
Embryonic stem cells are derived from the inner cell mass of the blastocyst and are unique in their pluripotent capacity and potential for self-renewal. Sox2 is one of a set of transcription factors that are crucial for the maintenance of pluripotency (1). Sox2, Oct-4, and Nanog cooperate in this network (1-3), and siRNA knockdown of either Sox2 or Oct-4 results in loss of pluripotency (4,5). Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments have shown that Sox2 and Oct-4 bind to thousands of gene regulatory sites, highlighting the importance of these transcription factors in early embryonic development (6,7). It has recently been shown that Sox2 is amplified in lung and esophageal squamous cell tumors (8).
- Nichols, J. et al. (1998) Cell 95, 379-391.
- Avilion, A.A. et al. (2003) Genes Dev. 17, 126-140.
- Rodda, D.J. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 24731-24737.
- Matin, M.M. et al. (2004) Stem Cells 22, 659-668.
- Niwa, H. et al. (2000) Nat. Genet. 24, 372-376.
- Boyer, L.A. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 947-956.
- Loh, Y.H. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 431-440.
- Bass, A.J. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 1238-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3728 Sox2 (C70B1) Rabbit mAb (IHC Preferred)
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2890 Oct-4A (C52G3) Rabbit mAb
- 3580 Nanog Antibody
- 4038 KLF4 Antibody
- 9656 StemLight™ Pluripotency Antibody Kit
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.