Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
IL-2Rβ Antibody #4198
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IL-2Rβ Antibody detects transfected levels of total IL-2Rβ protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr420 of human IL-2Rβ. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a T cell stimulatory cytokine best known for inducing T cell proliferation and NK cell proliferation and activation (1,2). IL-2 also promotes peripheral development of regulatory T cells (Tregs) (3,4). Conversely, IL-2 is involved in the activation-induced cell death (AICD) that is observed post T cell expansion by increasing levels of Fas on CD4+ T cells (5). The effects of IL-2 are mediated through a trimeric receptor complex consisting of IL-2Rα, IL-2Rβ, and the common gamma chain, γc (1,2). IL-2Rα binds exclusively to IL-2 with low affinity and increases the binding affinity of the whole receptor complex including IL-2Rβ and γc subunits. IL-15 also binds to IL-2Rβ (1,2). γc is used by other cytokines including IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, IL-15, and IL-21 (1,2). Binding of IL-2 initiates signaling cascades involving Jak1, Jak3, Stat5, and the PI3K/Akt pathways (1,2).
- Ma, A. et al. (2006) Annu Rev Immunol 24, 657-79.
- Gaffen, S.L. and Liu, K.D. (2004) Cytokine 28, 109-23.
- Fehérvari, Z. et al. (2006) Trends Immunol 27, 109-11.
- Antony, P.A. et al. (2006) J Immunol 176, 5255-66.
- Jaleco, S. et al. (2003) J Immunol 171, 61-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8907 Human Interleukin-2 (hIL-2)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.