Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb #4211
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||50||Mouse IgG2b|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total parkin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with human recombinant parkin and the epitope maps to the carboxy terminus of the protein.
Parkin is a protein of 465 amino acids with an amino-terminal ubiquitin domain and a carboxy-terminal RING-box (1). In the case of autosomal recessive juvenile Parkinsonism (AR-JP), deletions have been found in the gene on chromosome 6 encoding the protein Parkin (2).
- Tanner, C.M. and Goldman, S.M. (1996) Neurol. Clin. 14, 317-335.
- Polymeropoulous, M.H. et al. (1997) Science 276, 2045-2047.
- Pawlyk, A.C. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 48120-8. Applications: IC-IF IP Western Blotting
- von Coelln, R. et al. (2006) J. Neurosci. 26, 3685-96. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2642 α-Synuclein Antibody
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.