Product Pathways - Protein Stability
USP28 Antibody #4217
|W||M (H)||Transfected Only||135||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
USP28 Antibody detects transfected levels of USP28 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala11 of human USP28. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Ubiquitinating enzymes (UBEs) catalyze protein ubiquitination, a reversible process countered by deubiquitinating enzymes (DUB) action (1,2). There are five DUB subfamilies including the USP, UCH, OTU, MJD and JAMM enzymes. USP28 is an important member of the USP subfamily (3). USP28 can bind to and deubiquinate several target proteins in DNA-damage pathway, resulting in their stability, including p53BP1 and Chk2 (4). USP28 also plays an important role in Myc related signaling by binding through FBW7α to Myc . It catalyzes the deubiquitinylation of Myc, thereby promoting its stabilization and contributing to tumor-cell growth (5).
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 773-86.
- Nalepa, G. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Drug Discov 5, 596-613.
- Valero, R. et al. (2001) Genome Biol 2, RESEARCH0043.
- Zhang, D. et al. (2006) Cell 126, 529-42.
- Popov, N. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 765-74.
- Mannava, S. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.