Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Dexras1 Antibody #4229
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dexras1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Dexras1 protein. The antibody also cross-reacts with a 60 kDa protein of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Dexras1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Dexras1 (Ras dexamethasone induced 1) belongs to the Ras superfamily of GTPases and was initially identified as a dexamethasone inducible gene (1,2). Dexras1 reportedly regulates several distinct signal transduction pathways, including MAPK signaling, NMDA receptor-nitric oxide-mediated signaling, and pathways involving adenylyl cyclases (3-5). Dexras1 can directly modulate FE65-APP-mediated transcription and regulate the photic sensitivity of the mammalian circadian clock (6,7).
- Kemppainen, R.J. and Behrend, E.N. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 3129-31.
- Tu, Y. and Wu, C. (1999) Biochim Biophys Acta 1489, 452-6.
- Fang, M. et al. (2000) Neuron 28, 183-93.
- Graham, T.E. et al. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316, 307-12.
- Nguyen, C.H. and Watts, V.J. (2005) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332, 913-20.
- Cheng, H.Y. et al. (2006) J Neurosci 26, 12984-95.
- Lau, K.F. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 34728-37.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.