Product Pathways - Neuroscience
nNOS Antibody #4234
|4234S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4234||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
nNOS Antibody detects endogenous levels of total nNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human nNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyzes the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
nNOS binds selectively to the second PDZ domain of PSD-95, and the enzymatic activity of nNOS is either downregulated by phosphorylation at Ser847 by CaM-KII or stimulated by calcium influxes governed by the NMDA receptor channels (4-5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 3384 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser896) Antibody
- 3385 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser897) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.