Product Pathways - Neuroscience
nNOS Antibody #4234
|W||H M R||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
nNOS Antibody detects endogenous levels of total nNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human nNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyses the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
nNOS binds selectively to the second PDZ domain of PSD-95, and the enzymatic activity of nNOS is either downregulated by phosphorylation at Ser847 by CaM-KII or stimulated by calcium influxes governed by the NMDA receptor channels (4-5).
- Tsutsui, M. (2004) J Atheroscler Thromb 11, 41-48.
- Son, H. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 1015-10123.
- Hawkins, R.D. (1996) Neuron 16, 465-467.
- Watanabe, Y. et al. (2003) Biochem J 372, 465-71.
- Sears, C.E. et al. (2004) Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 359, 1021-44.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 3384 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser896) Antibody
- 3385 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser897) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.