Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NG2 Antibody #4235
|4235S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4235||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NG2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NG2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding His2260 of human NG2. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan NG2 is a type I membrane protein expressed by subpopulations of glia including oligodendroglial precursor cells and a variety of tumor cells. Normal precursor cells and malignant tumor cells migrate and proliferate, but there is evidence that cells may not be able to engage in both activities at the same time. However, NG2 is involved in promoting both proliferation and motility (1). The extracellular domain of NG2 sequesters growth factors and binds to both growth factor receptors and extracellular matrix ligands such as fibronectin, collagens and laminin. The cytoplasmic domain is involved in activating Rac, Cdc42 and p130 Cas (2). PKCα phosphorylates NG2 at Thr2256, triggering the redistribution of NG2 from apical microprocesses to lamellipodia accompanied by enhanced cell motility (3). ERK phosphorylates NG2 at Thr2314, stimulating cell proliferation (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
- 3578 CD44 Antibody
- 3570 CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb
- 4706 Integrin β1 Antibody
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 2056 PKCα Antibody
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.