Product Pathways - Neuroscience
nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb #4236
|4236S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4236||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||160||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total nNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu135 of human nNOS.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain using nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from wild-type (+/+) and nNOS null (-/-) mouse brain using nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb (upper) and PSD95 Antibody #2507 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded wild-type (+/+, left) or nNOS null (-/-, right) mouse brain, using nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb.
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyzes the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4231 nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.