Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Bcl10 (C78F1) Rabbit mAb #4237
|W IP||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||28||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl10 (C78F1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Bcl10 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser60 of Bcl10.
Bcl10/CIPER/CLAP/mE10 is a widely expressed CARD (caspase recruitment domain) containing protein shown to induce apoptosis and activate NF-κB (1-5). The CARD domain mediates self-oligomerization, interactions with other CARD proteins and is necessary for NF-κB activation, although the precise mechanism which Bcl10 regulates these processes is not fully understood. The discovery of Bcl10 came from observations of the chromosomal translocation t(1;14)(p22;q32) from B cell lymphomas of the mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) (1,5). This translocation results in deregulated expression of a truncated form of Bcl10 which lacks apoptotic activity and enhances transformation. Studies from Bcl10 deficient mice demonstrate that Bcl10 is essential for the activation of NF-κB by T- and B-cell receptors (6). One third of Bcl10 deficient mice developed lethal exencephaly. Surviving mice were unaffected by various apoptotic stimuli, but were severely immunodeficient and defective in antigen receptor-induced NF-κB activiation. PKC or T-cell receptor signaling results in a downregulation of Bcl10 protein levels, attenuating both NF-κB activation and cellular proliferation and also provides a negative feedback regulation of the NF-κB signaling to T cell signaling (7).
- Willis, T. G. et al. (1999) Cell 96, 35-45.
- Koseki, T. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 9955-9961.
- Srinivasula, S. M. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 17946-17954.
- Yan, M. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 10287-10292.
- Zhang, Q. et al. (1999) Nature Genetics 22, 63-68.
- Ruland, J. et al. (2001) Cell 104, 33-42.
- Scharschmidt, E. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24, 3860-3873.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4435 CARD11 (1D12) Rabbit mAb
- 2494 MALT1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.