Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
STAG2 Antibody #4239
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||141||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
STAG2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total STAG2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other STAG proteins, including STAG1 and STAG3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human STAG2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The cohesin complex consists of a heterodimer between SMC1 (SMC1A or B) and SMC3, bound by additional RAD21 and STAG proteins (STAG1, 2, or 3) (1,2). These proteins form a ring-like structure that mediates the cohesion of two sister chromatids after DNA replication in S phase (1,2). RAD21 and STAG2 are phosphorylated by Polo-like kinase (PLK) during prophase, which leads to the dissociation of cohesin complexes from the chromosome arms; however, cohesin remains bound to centromeres until anaphase (3,4). RAD21 is cleaved by separin/ESPL1 in anaphase, which leads to dissociation of the remaining cohesin from centromeres, enabling sister chromatids to segregate during mitosis (5). RAD21 is also cleaved by caspase-3 and caspase-7 during apoptosis, resulting in a 64 kDa carboxy-terminal cleavage product that translocates to the cytoplasm and may help to trigger apoptosis (6,7). In addition to mediating cohesion of sister chromatids, the cohesin complex plays important roles in gene regulation and DNA repair, as SMC1 and SMC3 are both phosphorylated by ATM and ATR kinases upon DNA damage (1,2).
- Peters, J.M. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 3089-114.
- Barbero, J.L. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 2025-35.
- Hoque, M.T. and Ishikawa, F. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 5059-67.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2005) PLoS Biol 3, e69.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1320-3.
- Pati, D. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 8267-77.
- Chen, F. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 16775-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4321 RAD21 (D213) Antibody
- 4449 RAD21 (L611) Antibody
- 4802 SMC1 Antibody
- 4801 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) Antibody
- 4029 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser360) Antibody
- 4805 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) (5D11G5) Mouse mAb
- 4513 PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb
- 4354 Phospho-PLK1 (Thr210) Antibody (ELISA-Specific)
- 3258 PLK4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.