Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
CHD3 Antibody #4241
|4241S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4241||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||260||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHD3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CHD3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human CHD3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Chromodomain-helicase-DNA-binding domain (CHD) proteins have been identified in a variety of organisms (1,2). This family of nine proteins is divided into three separate subfamilies: subfamily I (CHD1 and CHD2), subfamily II (CHD3 and CHD4), and subfamily III (CHD5, CHD6, CHD7, CHD8, and CHD9). All CHD proteins contain two tandem amino-terminal chromodomains, a SWI/SNF-related ATPase domain, and a carboxy-terminal DNA-binding domain (1,2). The chromodomains facilitate binding to methylated lysine residues of histone proteins and confer interactions with specific regions of chromatin. The SWI/SNF-related ATPase domain utilizes energy from ATP hydrolysis to modify chromatin structure. CHD proteins are often found in large, multiprotein complexes with their transcriptional activation or repression activity governed by other proteins within the complex. CHD3 (also known as Mi2-α) and CHD4 (also known as Mi2-β) are central components of the nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylase (NuRD) transcriptional repressor complex, which also contains HDAC1, HDAC2, RBAP48, RBAP46, MTA1, MTA2, MTA3, and MBD3 (3-8). Both CHD3 and CHD4 contain two plant homeodomain (PHD) zinc finger domains that bind directly to HDAC1 and HDAC2.
- Hall, J.A. and Georgel, P.T. (2007) Biochem Cell Biol 85, 463-76.
- Marfella, C.G. and Imbalzano, A.N. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 30-40.
- Tong, J.K. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 917-21.
- Xue, Y. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 2, 851-61.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1998) Cell 95, 279-89.
- Bowen, N.J. et al. (2004) Biochim Biophys Acta 1677, 52-7.
- Jones, P.L. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 19, 187-91.
- Fujita, N. et al. (2003) Cell 113, 207-19.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4170 CHD2 Antibody
- 4245 CHD4 Antibody
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 2545 HDAC2 Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 4633 RBAP46/RBAP48 Antibody
- 4522 RBAP46 Antibody
- 3896 MBD3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.