Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SMYD2 Antibody #4251
|4251S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4251||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||49||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SMYD2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SMYD2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with SMYD3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human SMYD2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SET and MYND domain-containing protein 2 (SMYD2), also known as lysine methyltransferase protein 3C (KMT3C), is a member of the SMYD family of protein methyltransferases (1). All five members of this family (SMYD1, SMYD2, SMYD3, SMYD4, and SMYD5) contain a conserved catalytic SET domain, originally identified in Drosophila Su[var]3-9, Enhancer of zeste, and Trithorax proteins. This domain is split by the MYN domain/zinc finger motif believed to facilitate protein-protein interactions (1). SMYD2 localizes to both the cytoplasm and nucleus, and is highly expressed in the adult mouse heart, brain, liver, kidney, thymus, and ovary, as well as in the developing mouse embryo (1). SMYD2 functions to repress transcription by interacting with the Sin3A repressor complex and methylating Lys36 of histone H3 (1). SMYD2 also interacts with HSP90α and methylates Lys4 of histone H3, a mark associated with transcriptional activation (2). In addition to histones as methyl substrates, SMYD2 methylates p53 at Lys370 to repress p53-mediated transcriptional activation and apoptosis (3,4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4909 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (D5A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9763 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) Antibody
- 2901 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (C75H12) Rabbit mAb
- 9758 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) Antibody
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 2545 HDAC2 Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.