Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody #4252
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PI3 kinase p110γ protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human p110gamma. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) catalyzes the production of phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate by phosphorylating phosphatidylinositol (PI), phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate (PIP), and phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2). Growth factors and hormones trigger this phosphorylation event, which in turn coordinates cell growth, cell cycle entry, cell migration, and cell survival (1). PTEN reverses this process, and research studies have shown that the PI3K signaling pathway is constitutively activated in human cancers that have loss of function of PTEN (2). PI3Ks are composed of a catalytic subunit (p110) and a regulatory subunit. Various isoforms of the catalytic subunit (p110α, p110β, p110γ, and p110δ) have been isolated, and the regulatory subunits that associate with p110α, p110β, and p110δ are p85α and p85β (3). In contrast, p110γ associates with a p101 regulatory subunit that is unrelated to p85. Furthermore, p110γ is activated by βγ subunits of heterotrimeric G proteins (4).
- Cantley, L.C. (2002) Science 296, 1655-7.
- Simpson, L. and Parsons, R. (2001) Exp Cell Res 264, 29-41.
- Neri, L.M. et al. (2002) Biochim Biophys Acta 1584, 73-80.
- Stoyanov, B. et al. (1995) Science 269, 690-3.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 9551 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380) Antibody
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 9556 PTEN (26H9) Mouse mAb
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.