Product Pathways - Development
GATA-6 (A549) Antibody #4253
|4253S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4253||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
GATA-6 (A549) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GATA-6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence surrounding Ala549 of human GATA-6 protein, isoform 1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
GATA proteins comprise a group of transcription factors that are related by the presence of conserved zinc finger DNA binding domains, which bind directly to the nucleotide sequence core element GATA (1-3). There are six vertebrate GATA proteins, designated GATA-1 to GATA-6 (3).
GATA-6 plays a critical role in endoderm development (4). It is essential for development of the heart, gut and other organs (5,6). Knock out of GATA-6 is embryonic lethal due to defects in formation of the heart tube and a failure to develop extraembryonic endoderm (4). Loss of expression, or loss of nuclear localization of GATA-6 is apparent in a large number of ovarian tumors (7).
- Ko, L.J. and Engel, J.D. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 4011-22.
- Merika, M. and Orkin, S.H. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 3999-4010.
- Lowry, J.A. and Atchley, W.R. (2000) J Mol Evol 50, 103-15.
- Cai, K.Q. et al. (2008) Dev Dyn 237, 2820-9.
- Charron, F. and Nemer, M. (1999) Semin Cell Dev Biol 10, 85-91.
- Haveri, H. et al. (2008) BMC Gastroenterol 8, 9.
- Caslini, C. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5446-61.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4595 GATA-2 Antibody
- 4589 GATA-1 (D24E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.