Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MLH1 (D38G9) Rabbit mAb #4256
|4256S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4256||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||84||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
MLH1 (D38G9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MLH1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human MLH1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using MLH1 (D38G9) Rabbit mAb.
Mismatch repair (MMR), a conserved process that involves correcting errors made during DNA synthesis, is crucial to the maintenance of genomic integrity. MLH1 is the human homologue of the E. coli MMR gene mutL. MMR requires recognition of a base mismatch or insertion/deletion loop by a MutS homolog followed by recruitment of a MutL heterodimeric complex consisting of MLH1 and PMS1 (MutL-γ), PMS2 (MutL-α) or MLH3 (MutL-γ). Other factors required for MMR in eukaryotes are EXO1, PCNA, RFC, RPA, DNA polymerases and DNA ligase (reviewed in 1). Inactivation of the MLH1 gene causes genome instability and predisposition to cancer (2-5). The MLH1 gene is frequently mutated in hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer (HNPCC) (6). MLH1 also plays a role in meiotic recombination (7).
- Modrich, P. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 30305-9.
- Seng, T.J. et al. (2008) Br J Cancer 99, 375-82.
- Harley, I. et al. (2008) Gynecol Oncol 109, 384-7.
- Mao, G. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 3211-6.
- Hubner, R.A. and Houlston, R.S. (2007) J Natl Cancer Inst 99, 1490; author reply 1490-1.
- Vasen, H.F. (2005) Fam Cancer 4, 219-25.
- Argueso, J.L. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 873-86.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3515 MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb
- 2850 MSH2 (3A2) Mouse mAb
- 2017 MSH2 (D24B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3995 MSH6 (P150) Antibody
- 3996 MSH6 (L990) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.