Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-SRF (Ser103) Antibody #4261
|W||H M R||Endogenous||67||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SRF (Ser103) Antibody detects endogenous levels of SRF only when phosphorylated at serine 103. This antibody cross-reacts with a non-specific protein of approximately 52 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around serine 103 of human SRF. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The serum response factor (SRF) is a 67 kDa phospho-protein that, together with auxiliary factors, modulates transcription of immediate early genes containing serum response elements at their promoters (1,2). SRF contains several phosphorylation sites (3), but functional consequences of phosphorylation have not been identified unequivocally. Several growth factor- and calcium-regulated kinases, such as p90RSK and CaM kinase IV, can phosphorylate SRF at Ser103 (4,5), and Ser103 of SRF is also a nuclear target for MAPKAP kinase 2 (6).
- Treisman, R. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 4905-4913.
- Janknecht, R. et al. (1995) Carcinogenesis 16, 443-450.
- Marais, R. M. et al. (1992) EMBO J. 11, 97-105.
- Rivera, V. M. et al. (1993) Mol. Cell. Biol. 13, 6260-6273.
- Miranti, C. K. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3672-3684.
- Heidenreich, O. et al. (1999) JBC 274, 14434-14443.
- Xifró, X. et al. (2011) Mol Neurodegener 6, 74. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9341 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody
- 9344 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr359/Ser363) Antibody
- 9346 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr573) Antibody
- 9347 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.