Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb #4267
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M Mk||Endogenous||175||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total EGF receptor protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other proteins of the ErbB family.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a fusion protein containing the cytoplasmic domain of human EGF receptor.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431, BxPC3 and HeLa cells using EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded MDA-MB-468 (amplified EGFR, left), HT-29 (low EGFR, middle) and CAMA-1 (EGFR negative, right) cells using EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human hepatocellular carcinoma using EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human placenta using EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells (red) and Kyse70 cells (blue), using EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor is a transmembrane tyrosine kinase that belongs to the HER/ErbB protein family. Ligand binding results in receptor dimerization, autophosphorylation, activation of downstream signaling, internalization, and lysosomal degradation (1,2). Phosphorylation of EGF receptor (EGFR) at Tyr845 in the kinase domain is implicated in stabilizing the activation loop, maintaining the active state enzyme, and providing a binding surface for substrate proteins (3,4). c-Src is involved in phosphorylation of EGFR at Tyr845 (5). The SH2 domain of PLCγ binds at phospho-Tyr992, resulting in activation of PLCγ-mediated downstream signaling (6). Phosphorylation of EGFR at Tyr1045 creates a major docking site for the adaptor protein c-Cbl, leading to receptor ubiquitination and degradation following EGFR activation (7,8). The GRB2 adaptor protein binds activated EGFR at phospho-Tyr1068 (9). A pair of phosphorylated EGFR residues (Tyr1148 and Tyr1173) provide a docking site for the Shc scaffold protein, with both sites involved in MAP kinase signaling activation (2). Phosphorylation of EGFR at specific serine and threonine residues attenuates EGFR kinase activity. EGFR carboxy-terminal residues Ser1046 and Ser1047 are phosphorylated by CaM kinase II; mutation of either of these serines results in upregulated EGFR tyrosine autophosphorylation (10).
- Hackel, P.O. et al. (1999) Curr Opin Cell Biol 11, 184-9.
- Zwick, E. et al. (1999) Trends Pharmacol Sci 20, 408-12.
- Cooper, J.A. and Howell, B. (1993) Cell 73, 1051-4.
- Hubbard, S.R. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 746-54.
- Biscardi, J.S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 8335-43.
- Emlet, D.R. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 4079-86.
- Levkowitz, G. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 4, 1029-40.
- Ettenberg, S.A. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 1855-66.
- Rojas, M. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 27456-61.
- Feinmesser, R.L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 16168-73.
- Kawahara, A. et al. (2010) Clin Cancer Res , . Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- Yu, J. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 3023-8. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- Benedettini, E. et al. (2010) Am J Pathol 177, 415-23. Applications: Western Blotting
- Rimkunas, V.M. et al. (2012) Clin Cancer Res 18, 4449-57. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Koga, H. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39981. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8102 SignalSlide® Phospho-EGF Receptor IHC Controls
- 9922 Phospho-EGF Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3777 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) (D7A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2646 EGF Receptor (C74B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2239 EGF Receptor (1F4) Mouse mAb
- 2641 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr998) (C24A5) Rabbit mAb
- 4405 EGF Receptor (15F8) Rabbit mAb
- 4407 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1173) (53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2236 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) (1H12) Mouse mAb
- 2256 EGF Receptor (EGFR1) Mouse mAb (IP Specific)
- 2220 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1086) Antibody
- 2231 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr845) Antibody
- 2232 EGF Receptor Antibody
- 2234 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) Antibody
- 2235 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr992) Antibody
- 2237 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1045) Antibody
- 2238 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Ser1046/1047) Antibody
- 2963 EGF Receptor (T43) Antibody
- 3056 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Thr669) Antibody
- 3265 EGF Receptor (V279) Antibody
- 4404 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1148) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
The manufacture, use, sale and import of this product is within the scope of one or more intellectual property rights (including patents and patent applications) owned or controlled by Cell Signaling Technology. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferrable right to use the purchased product only in research conducted by the buyer. The sale of the product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the products or its components (1) to analyze or reverse engineer the product for its chemical/physical properties and composition (including e.g., identification of the sequence); (2) in manufacturing; (3) to provide a service, information, or data to an unaffiliated third party for payment; (4) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; (5) resale, whether or not such product are resold for use in research; or for any other commercial purpose. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.