Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Fer (5D2) Mouse mAb #4268
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||95||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fer (5D2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Fer protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a truncated recombinant Fer protein.
Fer is a nonreceptor protein-tyrosine kinase of the Fes/Fps family. Like many other cytoplasmic tyrosine kinases, Fer contains a long amino-terminal domain, a central SH2 domain, and a carboxy-terminal kinase domain. Its amino-terminal domain is responsible for protein oligomerization as well as interaction with cytoskeletal proteins. Fer is ubiquitously expressed in a wide variety of cell and tissue types, and is localized to both cytoplasm and nucleus (1). Tyrosine kinase activity of Fer can be stimulated by growth factors and cytokines (2,3). After activation, Fer can further activate various downstream signaling components including Stat3 (3). Fer plays an important role in regulation of cell movement, oncogenesis and inflammation (4).
- Hao, Q.L. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 1180-3.
- Kim, L. and Wong, T.W. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 4553-61.
- Zoubeidi, A. et al. (2009) Mol Cancer Res 7, 142-55.
- Greer, P. (2002) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3, 278-89.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.