Product Pathways - Development
Non-phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody #4270
|W||H M R Mk (C) (X) (Z) (Dg)||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Non-phospho-β-catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody detects endogenous levels of β-catenin when residues Ser33, Ser37 and Thr41 are not phosphorylated.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser37 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of SW480 cells treated with Calyculin A #9902 and immunoprecipitated using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody #2009 (Lane 2), β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen) #9581 (Lane 3) and an unrelated rabbit IgG as negative control (Lane 4). The immunoprecipitates along with the input lysate (Lane 1) were subject to western analysis using β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb #9582 (upper), Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody #2009 (middle), and Non-phospho-β-catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody (lower).
Western blot analysis of total SW480 cell lysates using Non-phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/Ser37/Thr41) Antibody in the presence of a non-phospho-β-catenin peptide (Lane 4) and various peptides phosphorylated at different positions, including phospho-β-catenin (Ser33) peptide (Lane 1), phospho-β-catenin (Ser33/37) peptide (Lane 2), phospho-β-catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) peptide (Lane 3), phospho-β-catenin (Ser37) peptide (Lane 5), phospho-β-catenin (Ser37/Thr41) peptide (Lane 6), and phospho-β-catenin (Thr41) peptide (Lane 7).
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Villar, J. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23914. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 3195 E-Cadherin (24E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3795 Frizzled5 Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2064 WIF1 Antibody
- 3534 SFRP1 (D5A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3889 LRP5 (D23F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2087 Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 9383 TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2951 β-Catenin Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7308 PathScan® Total β-Catenin Sandwich ELISA Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.