Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cytochrome c Antibody #4272
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk Dm (B)||Endogenous||14||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cytochrome c Antibody detects endogenous levels of cytochrome c protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 67-78 of human cytochrome c. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western analysis of cell extracts from human (HeLa and Jurkat), monkey (COS), mouse (L929), rat (C6) and purified bovine cytochrome c, using Cytochrome c Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Cytochrome c Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma, using Cytochrome c Antibody.
Cytochrome c is a well conserved electron-transport protein and is part of the respiratory chain localized to mitochondrial intermembrane space (1). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with procaspase-9 (47 kDa)/Apaf 1. This complex processes caspase-9 from inactive proenzyme to its active form (2). This event further triggers caspase-3 activation and eventually leads to apoptosis (3).
- Schagger H.H. et al. (2002) Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 1555, 154-159.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-489 .
- Liu, X. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 147-157.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4280 Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 1033 Cytochrome c Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.