Product Pathways - Translational Control
ATP2A1/SERCA1 (A988) Antibody #4274
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATP2A1/SERCA1 (A988) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ATP2A1/SERCA1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala988 of mouse ATP2A1/SERCA1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Sarcoplasmic and endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPases (SERCA) are members of a highly conserved family of Ca2+ pumps (1). SERCA pumps transport Ca2+ from the cytosol to the sarcoplasmic and endoplasmic reticulum lumen against a large concentration gradient (1). ATP2A1 (SERCA1) is a fast-twitch, skeletal muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase (2). Research studies have shown that mutations in the ATP2A1 gene cause an autosomal recessive muscle disorder known as Brody myopathy, which is characterized by muscle cramping and impaired muscle relaxation associated with exercise (1-3).
- Hovnanian, A. (2007) Subcell Biochem 45, 337-63.
- Odermatt, A. et al. (1996) Nat Genet 14, 191-4.
- Odermatt, A. et al. (2000) Hum Genet 106, 482-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4219 ATP2A1/SERCA1 (L24) Antibody
- 4388 ATP2A2/SERCA2 Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.