Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (D1G6) Rabbit mAb #4276
|W IP ChIP||H M R||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (D1G6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of CREB only when phosphorylated at Ser133. The antibody also detects the phosphorylated form of the CREB-related protein, ATF-1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser133 of human CREB protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SH-SY5Y cells, untreated or treated with Forskolin #3828, using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (D1G6) Rabbit mAb (upper) or CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb #4820 (lower).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 µM) for 1 hour and either 10 μl of Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (D1G6) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human NR4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
- Peeters, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 42162-79. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9191 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Antibody
- 9193 CREB Control Cell Extracts
- 9196 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb
- 4820 CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb
- 1090 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Blocking Peptide
- 9190 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Kit
- 9104 CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb
- 9187 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.