Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb #4280
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk||Endogenous||14||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total cytochrome c protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 67-78 of human cytochrome c.
Western blot analysis of cell lysates from various cell lines, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 4T1 syngeneic mouse tumor, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb #4280.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Cytochrome c Blocking Peptide #1033 (right).
Cytochrome c is a well conserved electron-transport protein and is part of the respiratory chain localized to mitochondrial intermembrane space (1). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with procaspase-9 (47 kDa)/Apaf 1. This complex processes caspase-9 from inactive proenzyme to its active form (2). This event further triggers caspase-3 activation and eventually leads to apoptosis (3).
- Schagger H.H. et al. (2002) Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 1555, 154-159.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-489 .
- Liu, X. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 147-157.
- Widenmaier, S.B. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 30372-82. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4272 Cytochrome c Antibody
- 1033 Cytochrome c Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.