Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Myt1 Antibody #4282
|W IHC-P||H M R (X)||Endogenous||60 to 70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat X=Xenopus
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myt1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Myt1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the middle of mouse and human Myt1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT29 cells, untreated (lane 1), nocodazole-treated (50 ng/ml, lane 2), or UV-treated (lane 3), using Myt1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear and cytoplasmic localization using Myt1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Myt1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Myt1 Antibody.
Entry of all eukaryotic cells into mitosis is regulated by activation of cdc2 kinase. The critical regulatory step in activating cdc2 during progression into mitosis appears to be dephosphorylation of Tyr15 and Thr14 (1,2). Phosphorylation at Tyr15 and Thr14 and inhibition of cdc2 is carried out by Wee1 and Myt1 protein kinases, while Tyr15 dephosphorylation and activation of cdc2 is carried out by the cdc25 phosphatase (1,3,4). Hyperphosphorylation and inactivation of Myt1 in mitosis suggests that one or more kinases activated at the G2/M transition negatively regulates Myt1 activity. Kinases shown to phosphorylate Myt1 include cdc2, p90RSK, Akt, and Plk1 (5-8).
- Watanabe, N. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 1878-1891.
- Hunter, T. (1995) Cell 80, 225-236.
- Galaktionov, K. et al. (1995) Genes Dev. 9, 1046-1058.
- McGowan, C.H. and Russell, P. (1993) EMBO J. 12, 75-85.
- Booher, R. N. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 22300-22306.
- Palmer, A. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 5037-5047.
- Okumura, E. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 111-116.
- Nakajima, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 25277-25280.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.