Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb #4290
|4290S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4290P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4290||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total HER/ErbB2 protein. This antibody may cross-react slightly with other overexpressed RTKs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human HER2/ErbB2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-BR-3 and MCF7 cells using HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SK-BR-3 (Her2 high, left) and MCF7 cell pellets (Her2 low, right) using HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The ErbB2 (HER2) proto-oncogene encodes a 185 kDa transmembrane, receptor-like glycoprotein with intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity (1). While ErbB2 lacks an identified ligand, ErbB2 kinase activity can be activated in the absence of a ligand when overexpressed and through heteromeric associations with other ErbB family members (2). Amplification of the ErbB2 gene and overexpression of its product are detected in almost 40% of human breast cancers (3). Binding of the c-Cbl ubiquitin ligase to ErbB2 at Tyr1112 leads to ErbB2 poly-ubiquitination and enhances degradation of this kinase (4). ErbB2 is a key therapeutic target in the treatment of breast cancer and other carcinomas and targeting the regulation of ErbB2 degradation by the c-Cbl-regulated proteolytic pathway is one potential therapeutic strategy. Phosphorylation of the kinase domain residue Tyr877 of ErbB2 (homologous to Tyr416 of pp60c-Src) may be involved in regulating ErbB2 biological activity. The major autophosphorylation sites in ErbB2 are Tyr1248 and Tyr1221/1222; phosphorylation of these sites couples ErbB2 to the Ras-Raf-MAP kinase signal transduction pathway (1,5).
- Kuroda, A. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e22313. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8117 SignalSlide® Phospho-ErbB Family IHC Controls
- 9923 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2165 HER2/ErbB2 (29D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2243 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb
- 2248 HER2/ErbB2 (44E7) Mouse mAb
- 2241 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr877) Antibody
- 2242 HER2/ErbB2 Antibody
- 2244 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248)/EGFR (Tyr1173) Antibody
- 2247 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248) Antibody
- 2249 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Antibody
- 3250 HER2/ErbB2 (M45) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.