Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
p47phox (D21F6) Rabbit mAb #4301
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p47phox (D21F6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total p47phox protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Asp217 of human p47phox.
The phagocytic NADPH oxidase is a multiprotein enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of oxygen to superoxide in response to pathogenic invasion. The NADPH oxidase consists of 6 subunits, including the membrane-bound p91 phox and p22 phox heterodimers (also known as cytochrome b558), the cytosolic complex of p40phox, p47phox and p67phox, and the small GTPase Rac2. Activation of NADPH oxidase is initiated by cytosolic complex phosphorylation, which induces a conformational change that leads to the translocation of the cytosolic complex to the membrane and formation of an active enzyme with cytochrome b558 (1). Defects in p47phox, often resulting from recombination between p47phox and a nearby homologous pseudogene, cause chronic granulomatous disease (2-4). Elevated oxidative stress due to increased myocardial NADPH oxidase activity may be a contributing factor in heart failure (5,6).
- Babior, B.M. (1999) Blood 93, 1464-76.
- Noack, D. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 305-11.
- Görlach, A. et al. (1997) J Clin Invest 100, 1907-18.
- Chanock, S.J. et al. (2000) Blood Cells Mol Dis 26, 37-46.
- Heymes, C. et al. (2003) J Am Coll Cardiol 41, 2164-71.
- Doerries, C. et al. (2007) Circ Res 100, 894-903.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4312 p47phox Antibody
- 4311 Phospho-p40phox (Thr154) Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.