Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Thymidine Phosphorylase/ECGF1 (D69B12) Rabbit mAb #4307
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Thymidine Phosphorylase/ECGF1 (D69B12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TP/ECGF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln370 of human thymidine phosphorylase/ECGF1 protein.
Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is a platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF) that catalyzes the formation of thymine and 2-deoxy-D-ribose-1-phosphate from thymidine and orthophosphate (1). This intracellular enzyme is capable of both promoting angiogenesis and inhibiting apoptosis. Thymidine phosphorylase catalytic activity is required for its angiogenic function (2,3). Increased expression of TP/PD-ECGF is seen in a wide variety of different solid tumors and inflammatory diseases and is often associated with poor prognosis (4,5). Alternatively, TP can activate fluorouracil derivative (DFUR) prodrugs and increase the antitumor activity of the related treatment (1,5). The use of thymidine phosphorylase as a cancer therapeutic target has been studied extensively, with emphasis on either inhibiting TP enzymatic activity or increasing enzyme induction with concomitant DFUR treatment (1,5).
- Rooseboom, M. et al. (2004) Pharmacol Rev 56, 53-102.
- Moghaddam, A. and Bicknell, R. (1992) Biochemistry 31, 12141-6.
- Furukawa, T. et al. (1992) Nature 356, 668.
- Toi, M. et al. (2005) Lancet Oncol 6, 158-66.
- Liekens, S. et al. (2007) Biochem Pharmacol 74, 1555-67.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2937 TP/ECGF1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.