Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
p47phox Antibody #4312
|4312S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4312||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p47phox Antibody detects endogenous levels of total p47phox protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg292 of human p47phox. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography
The phagocytic NADPH oxidase is a multiprotein enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of oxygen to superoxide in response to pathogenic invasion. The NADPH oxidase consists of 6 subunits, including the membrane-bound p91 phox and p22 phox heterodimers (also known as cytochrome b558), the cytosolic complex of p40phox, p47phox and p67phox, and the small GTPase Rac2. Activation of NADPH oxidase is initiated by cytosolic complex phosphorylation, which induces a conformational change that leads to the translocation of the cytosolic complex to the membrane and formation of an active enzyme with cytochrome b558 (1). Defects in p47phox, often resulting from recombination between p47phox and a nearby homologous pseudogene, cause chronic granulomatous disease (2-4). Elevated oxidative stress due to increased myocardial NADPH oxidase activity may be a contributing factor in heart failure (5,6).
- Petheo, G.L. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e14081. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4311 Phospho-p40phox (Thr154) Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.